Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Wow, it's finally here. It felt like the campaign would never end. Seems as if it went on for years; well, I guess it did! Finally, it's Inauguration Day. And, although I did not vote for the man who will be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States I am hopeful that he can make the changes our country so desperately needs to heal and move forward. With so much of the country feeling such enthusiasm for the changes he is promising, I can't help but think if we all catch that feeling REAL change CAN be made. I am completely aware and humbled at the fact that Barack Obama will be our nation's first black President and find myself feeling weepy watching the news coverage. God bless you and give you the wisdom and patience that is needed to rule this diverse country, President Obama.

No comments: